About

Pages

Pages

Eid elfitr

Tuesday 11 November 2014

Another late post and I promise it's not the last!, so these are some snaps of the last Eid elfitr after the holy month of Ramadan, it was the first Eid away from my family it was a good one with my Mr and friends though, but I guess missing my family's presence always makes it incomplete,
praying to visit my beloved Libya soon inshAllah and just give a bear hug to mama and baba, enough chatter now I'll let you check out some of the Libyan traditional Eid biscuits, if you're interested in trying any out leave a comment I'll be glad to share the recipes :)






Kaak halgoum ( is a Libyan biscuit filled with Turkish delight or "Lokum" the crumbly soft textured biscuit with a sweet centre makes it a loveable treat, it's usually shaped in a ball or ring. 








Libyan kaak, is a salty dough mixed with cumin seeds and black sesame seeds, crunchy from the outside and soft from the inside, known to be made in large batches and saved in containers for a long time.








Ghraeba is also a well known Libyan biscuit ( also made in many Arabic countries ) is basically a short bread biscuit with an almond in the middle.








No comments:

Post a Comment